The M.Z. “Andy” Gump Award is a prestigious industry award.
Andy Gump began his portable restroom venture building wood units in his garage in 1956 in Santa Clarita, California. The award to honor his name was originally developed in 1993 by his son Barry Gump, a second generation industry veteran.
Today, the PSAI Awards Committee reviews nominations from around the world in an attempt to identify the most appropriate recipient. One recipient receives the award annually at the PSAI Convention and Trade Show.
Nomination and selection is based on a person meeting the following criteria:
- Conducts business and personal relationships with fairness and integrity
- Works to improve the image of the industry
- Introduces innovative approaches to addressing portable sanitation needs
- Creates new products, services and related technology
- Leads colleagues in the advancement of the portable sanitation industry
- Exhibits vision in responding to economic challenges facing the industry
The award itself is a statue showing a cowboy shaking hands with a banker. “It depicts the way my dad did business,” explains Barry, adding, “A hand shake was his word and bond and he didn’t need a contract or piece of paper to seal the deal.”
Do you know someone who would make a great recipient? Nominate an influential leader in our industry today by downloading and completing this form! Send completed submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 952-854-7560, or mail them to the PSAI office.