Every day, portable restrooms save 125 million gallons of fresh water!
- 45 billion gallons of fresh water are saved annually through the use of portable restrooms.
- Only 3 percent of the Earth’s water is fresh; 97 percent is salt water.*
- Americans use more water each day by flushing the toilet than they do by showering or any other activity.**
- A running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water per day.*
- Americans use about 100 gallons of water per day. Europeans use about 50 gallons of water per day. Residents of sub-Saharan Africa use only two to five gallons of water per day.*
Read about Global Water Savings Calculations
When you use a portable restroom, you are contributing to the preservation of our most important natural resource – fresh water. If you are a PSAI Member, you may order the image (left) on waterproof decals for placement in your portable restrooms. Proceeds from the sales will help fund our humanitarian initiatives.
* Source: United States Environmental Protection Agency
** Source: Florida Water Environmental Association